HP sauce (TM)
This is the nearest I have tasted to commercial HP sauce.
- 750g tomatoes, quartered
- 130g muscovado sugar
- 100g red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 60g white vinegar
- 20g salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon allspice,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 20g Worcestershire sauce,
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco
- Place all the ingredients into bowl 30 seconds / Speed 8 and scrape sides.
- Set to 10 minutes / Temp. Varoma / Speed 2.
- Then 15 minutes / 100° / Speed 2.
- Then 25 minutes / 100° / Speed 3.
- Then cook for a further 5 minutes / 100° / Speed 4.
- Allow to cool slightly then blitz 1 minute / Speed 8.
- Store in sterilised jars or in Lock&Lock containers in the fridge.
- Lightly adapted from a recipe by nola276
I would watch the Thermomix for a short while at the beginning as the mixture may come through the sides of the MC and splash. Alternatively you could reduce in the ingredient quantities slightly.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.