Grilled rooster wedges
- 4 Rooster potatoes
- 2 Little Gem lettuces cut into quarters
- 2 very ripe plum tomatoes de-seeded
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- Half lemon squeezed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- Place the potatoes into cold salted water and simmer until cooked.
- Leave to cool and then drain, cut each potato into 6 wedges and brush with olive oil.
- Grill over high heat on a bar grill or a griddle pan brushed with a little olive oil.
- When well marked set aside and keep warm.
- To make the dressing place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve and drizzle over the lettuce. Serve with the warm grilled potatoes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk
#grilledroosterwedges #potatoes #oliveoil #grilled #castorsugar #simmer #griddled #lettuces #brush #grill #wedges