Grilled grey mullet
As a general rule, when you cook fish you want keep things simple and you don't want to ruin the delicate flavour of the fish with sauces (such as maionese): use just a little bit of lemon, olive oil, garlic and herbs such as thyme and oregano.
- 1 whole grey mullet (the common name in Italian is "cefalo" or "muggine")
- 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- thyme (better fresh)
- salt and black pepper
- Mix the lemon juice and some of the rind grated, thyme and garlic finely chopped and salt
- Cut the fish two or three times on each side
- Place in a baking dish and pour the mix over, leave to marinate for half an hour turning it a few times
- Grill the fish for about 6-10 minutes each side (depending on the size)
You can serve with a green vegetable of your choice and/or boiled or roast potatoes.
Instead of grilling you can cook it in the oven at 200 °C for 15-30 minutes depending on the size of the fish. To check it is cooked try to remove a small piece: it should come away easily, if not put back in the oven for another 5 minutes and check again.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.