Fillet steak salad with watercress
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Griddled fillet steak)
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons Belazu balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 150-175g fillet steaks
- 2 tablespoons Belazu olive oil
- 1x 85g packet watercress
- 4 sticks of celery, thickly sliced
- 1 packet or 10 radishes, trimmed and sliced
- Put the sugar and balsamic vinegar into a small pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Boil for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the balsamic vinegar had reduced by half. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Season the steaks well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan and cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side until they're golden brown on the outside and slightly pink on the inside.
- Leave the steaks in a warm place to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the watercress, celery and radishes together n a bowl. Slice the beef and toss with the salad. Arrange in 2 serving bowls and drizzle the balsamic vinegar dressing over the top.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.