A grasshopper is a sweet, mint-flavoured, after-dinner drink. The name of the drink is derived from its green colour, which is provided by the crème de menthe. The drink reputedly originated at Tujague's, a landmark bar in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana, and gained popularity during the 1950s and 1960s throughout the American South.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 30 ml (1 part) Crème de menthe (green)
- 30 ml (1 part) Crème de cacao (white)
- 30 ml (1 part) Fresh cream
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake briskly and then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.