Cuban Chocolate Grasshopper Pie
Grasshopper pie is a rich minty dessert which originated from an after-dinner cocktail of the same name (a mix of cream, crème de cacao and crème de menthe, strained over ice). This Cuban version includes Willie cacao ginger lime chocolate
- 80 ml Benjamin's burnt sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 160 grams mini marshmallows
- 1 jigger Crème de menthe
- 1 jigger Crème de cacao
- 365 ml double cream (heavy cream) whipped softly
- 150 grams Willie cacao ginger lime chocolate
- 1 500 g pre-baked pastry pie crust
- Melt the marshmallows in hot milk, let the mixture cool then add the alcohol
- Now fold in the whipped cream then add the chocolate pieces
- Pour into the pie shell
Sprinkle a dusting of cocoa on top.
Chill for a few hours and serve with a slice of lime.
Instead of the pre-baked pie shell, create a no-bake pastry case with Dulce de Leche wafers if you want a fancy sweet pastry shell. Just crumble the wafers into a pie dish and using the back of a spoon, press The the crumb mixture into place as a pie shell, cook for 5 minutes to harden and let it cool before filling.
- CubanCuisine.co.uk, the UK's specialist on-line suppliers of authentic Cuban groceries, has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.