Cuban Chocolate Grasshopper Pie
Grasshopper pie is a rich minty dessert which originated from an after-dinner cocktail of the same name (a mix of cream, crème de cacao and crème de menthe, strained over ice). This Cuban version includes Willie cacao ginger lime chocolate
- 80 ml Benjamin's burnt sugar
- 125 ml milk
- 160 grams mini marshmallows
- 1 jigger Crème de menthe
- 1 jigger Crème de cacao
- 365 ml double cream (heavy cream) whipped softly
- 150 grams Willie cacao ginger lime chocolate
- 500 g pre-baked pastry pie crust (one complete crust)
- Melt the marshmallows in hot milk, let the mixture cool then add the alcohol
- Now fold in the whipped cream then add the chocolate pieces
- Pour into the pie shell
Sprinkle a dusting of cocoa on top.
Chill for a few hours and serve with a slice of lime.
Instead of the pre-baked pie shell, create a no-bake pastry case with Dulce de Leche wafers if you want a fancy sweet pastry shell. Just crumble the wafers into a pie dish and using the back of a spoon, press The the crumb mixture into place as a pie shell, cook for 5 minutes to harden and let it cool before filling.
- This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#cubanchocolategrasshopperpie #marshmallows #dessert #baked #pastry #jigger #cacao #piedish #lime #whippedcream #doublecream