Grand Ribeaupierre cheese
- Haut-Rhin département of Alsace where it has been produced for 25 years.
- Soft, pressed, and uncooked. Orangey-yellow rind which has been washed in white Alsace wine.
- Pasteurised cows' milk,
- The 'spiced' and 'smoked' versions are made with unpasteurised milk.
- The milk comes Holstein cows.
Aroma and taste
- Tangy and spicy. The 'spiced' version is piquant because it has spices added to it. The smoked version has a fuller flavour.
Strength and texture
- Medium strength. The smoked version has a fuller texture.
Shape, weight and size
- Shaped like a mill-stone. Weight 3.7kg (spiced version 3.5kg). Diameter 25cm and the sides measure 7cm.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Grand Ribeaupierre cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Grand Ribeaupierre cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.
#grandribeaupierrecheese #smoked #wine #spices #unpasteurised #dairyproducts #cowsmilkcheeses #cows #frenchcheeses #alsacecheeses #cheeses