Gooseberry fool (Mrs Beeton's)
Not sure what to do your glut of gooseberries? Make this simple and delicious sweet.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 pint (568 ml) gooseberries (topped and tailed)
- ¼ pint (142 ml) stiffly whipped cream
- Sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bake or stew the gooseberries
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the sugar and gooseberries, stew on a low heat until the gooseberries are soft and mushy (30 minutes)
- Pass the pulp through a fine sieve, discarding the pips and skin
- Stir in the cream
- Allow to cool
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.