Gooseberry fool (Mrs Beeton's)
Not sure what to do your glut of gooseberries? Make this simple and delicious sweet.
- 1 pint (568 ml) gooseberries (topped and tailed)
- ¼ pint (142 ml) stiffly whipped cream
- Sugar to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bake or stew the gooseberries
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the sugar and gooseberries, stew on a low heat until the gooseberries are soft and mushy (30 minutes)
- Pass the pulp through a fine sieve, discarding the pips and skin
- Stir in the cream
- Allow to cool
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.