Gluten free sausage and thyme quiche
- 1 readymade shortcrust pastry case (for a gluten free alternative try Udi's Pastry Mix)
- 1 pack Debbie and Andrew's Perfect Cumberland Pork Sausages, each sausage cut in half
- 2 free range eggs
- 75ml single cream
- 75ml crème fraiche
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Bake your sausages in a lightly oiled baking tray in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice during that time.
- Put to one side to cool, then slice in half lengthways to make 12 fingers.
- Place the cooked halved sausages in a fan shape in the flan case.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the single cream and crème fraiche.
- Whisk, season with salt and pepper and add the thyme and grated cheese. Stir well.
- Pour the cheese, egg and cream mixture over the sausages and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Slice and serve with a simple green salad.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.