Ghiveci calugaresti (Monastic vegetables)
A sort of Romanian ratatouille.
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, scraped and sliced crossways, 2.5 cm thick
- 1 leek, cut into 2.5 cm slices
- ¼ cabbage, sliced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium aubergine, peeled and cut crossways into 1 cm slices
- 225 g small french beans, cut in half
- 225 g garden peas
- 225 g okra (optional)
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 150 ml oil
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4)
- Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Mix all of the ingredients and place in the dish.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.