Garlic and walnut sauce
This recipe is part of Gjellë me arra (Chicken with walnuts), but was so good that it deserves to be a recipe in its own right.
- Extra virgin Olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons plain flour
- 60 g butter
- 15 crushed shelled walnuts
- 6 fat cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- A few tablespoons of hot stock or hot water.
- Put the flour in a pan and dry-cook until it becomes light brown in colour.
- In another pan, add the butter and sauté the garlic until lightly coloured.
- Add the flour to the butter and mix well until combined.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the walnuts and whisk in the egg yolks.
- Add a little hot water or stock so the sauce loosens a little.
- Finally add stir a few tablespoons of olive oil into the dip so it has a little glaze.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.