Garlic and rosemary thin baked fries
(Redirected from Garlic and rosemary thin baked fries recipe)
These garlic and rosemary flavoured thin fries would make a fabulous accompaniment for almost any dish, or even a snack on their own. They are baked rather than fried so are possibly slightly healthy!
The recipe idea and the pictures come by courtesy of 'I believe I can fry' and this was the first recipe I chose from her collection after she gave us permission to share her ideas.
- 2 Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin fries
- A good splash of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped.
- The original recipe specified dried rosemary, I tend to use fresh rosemary as I have so much of it. In a recipe like this it probably doesn't hurt to throw a few sprigs onto the baking tray just for the aroma, Jamie Oliver style.
- sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230° C (450° F - gas 8), [fan oven 210° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Soak the thin cut fries in cold water for 10 minutes
- Rinse and drain the chipped fries and pat dry on paper towels.
- Add the rosemary leaves and garlic powder and black pepper to the oil and mix well, a pestle and mortar will bring out the flavour of fresh rosemary leaves.
- Add the oil and potatoes to a large lock & lock-style box, close the lid and shake well to coat the fries.
- Spread the fries evenly on a foil-lined roasting tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes turning a few times.
Serve immediately, seasoned with sea salt.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#rosemary #garlicandrosemarythinbakedfries #blackpepper #garlicpowder #rosemaryleaves #potatoes #garlic #snack #unusualrecipes #dried #foil