Fruity sausage and lentil hotpot (GF)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pack debbie&andrew's Perfect Cumberland pork sausages
- 500ml chicken stock
- 150g puy lentils
- 200g dried apricots
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 140° C (257° F - gas 1), [fan oven 120° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large casserole over a medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves and thyme and sweat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large frying pan, heat the second tablespoon of oil and then brown the sausages all over for 10 minutes or so.
- Add the browned sausages to the casserole.
- Pour a little stock in to the frying pan and heat for a few minutes to soak up all the meat juices, then add this liquid to the casserole.
- Now add the lentils, apricots and the rest of the stock.
- Make sure the liquid covers the ingredients. If not, just add a little water until it does.
- Cook uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 and ½ hours, stirring once or twice in that time.
- Remove the bay leaves, season to taste.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of debbieandandrew.co.uk
Many thanks to debbie&andrew's sausages for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use the their recipes.