- 2 litres water
- 1 kg fish heads or bony fish
- 6 green bananas, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 escallions, minced
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, left whole
- 3 small hot chillies, sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- Put the water and the fish in a large pot, bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer the fish for 30 minutes and strain the stock.
- Remove all the flesh from the bones, and rerun the flesh to the stock.
- Add the bananas, tomato, thyme, escallions and the chillies.
- Bring to the boil again, and simmer until the bananas are tender.
- Should the soup become too thick, add more water.
- Season to taste, remove the Scotch bonnet and serve hot.
Serve in mugs with savoury biscuits.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#fishtea #fish #bananas #simmer #stock #tomato #boil #escallions #soup #thyme #tea