Purple Majesty potatoes are available from branches of Sainsbury's and Morrisons.
Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 450g/1lb Purple Majesty potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large egg
- 225g/8 oz un-dyed skinless smoked haddock, salmon or trout fillets
- 175g/6oz frozen peas thawed
- 100g/4oz wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Boil the Purple Majesty potatoes until soft for 10-12 minutes. Drain but keep the potato water.
- Meanwhile, put the fish in a pan with a little water, season with black pepper and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Gently lift the fish out and put onto a plate.
- Flake the fish, taking out any large bones.
- Now mash the potatoes, and break in the egg, mashing together.
- Add the flaked fish, the peas and a little of the potato water then combine together and shape into six fishcakes.
- Use as much or as little of the potato water as you need to get the right dry, yet stick-together consistency.
- Press each of the fishcakes into a flat dish containing the wholemeal breadcrumbs and coat evenly all over.
- These fishcakes can now rest in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- When you are ready to cook, simply place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning over half way through.
Serve with a large green salad.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk