Festive fruity apple and Dragon cheddar cheese loaf
- 2 cooking apples peeled, cored and grated
- 90g raisins
- 8 large pitted dates finely chopped
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 125g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75g Vintage or Mature cheddar grated
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Grease and line a large loaf tin and set oven to 180/350/gas 4
- Beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy
- Sieve flour with cinnamon and place in bowl, add eggs and beat until smooth
- Add apple, walnuts, raisins and cheddar, mix in thoroughly
- Place mixture in loaf tin and smooth over surface, bake in oven for approx. 1 hour or until cooked through and golden brown on top
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before turning onto wire rack
Serve slices lightly buttered for delicious treat
Use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese if you are watching your calories!
Will keep for up to a week in an airtight Lock & Lock-type box.
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- South Caernarfon Creameries
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.