Easy tomato topping for pizza
From Cookipedia(Redirected from Drained tomato topping)
This cookery cheat comes from an idea used in one of American Julia's recipes.
No cooking required, just wait 30 minutes for a tin of tomatoes to drain.
- If you are using a can of whole tomatoes, roughly chop then whilst still in the tin by using a small knife
- Pour the can of tomatoes into a sieve placed over a bowl
- Leave to drain for 30 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Stir in the dried oregano
- Discard the drained liquid
- Spread on you pizzas just before baking
- I believe I can fry recipes
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.