Dragon Welsh rarebit pork steaks
- 4 x 130g pork steaks, trimmed
- 60g grated Dragon mature cheddar
- 1 dessertspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche or soured cream
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200° C (400° F - gas 6), [fan oven 180° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Place pork steaks into a lightly oiled baking dish and bake for 15 minutes
- Mix together the mustard, cheddar and crème fraîche or soured cream, add seasonings and mix thoroughly
- Spread the cheese mixture over the steaks and bake again until the topping is golden and bubbling and the meat is cooked through
For a lower fat alternative, use Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Dragon cheese products can be purchased from Sainsbury's, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Lidl, local independent stores and cheese shops.
For trade, catering and export enquiries see their where to buy page.
Many thanks to South Caernarfon Creameries for kindly giving Cookipedia permission to use their recipes.
- South Caernarfon Creameries
- Dragon mature Welsh cheddar cheese
- Dragon reduced fat mature Welsh cheddar cheese
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.