(Redirected from Dauphinois potatoes recipes)
Grannies potato dish.
4.3/5 Really tasty as I love the crunchy bits, but this always feels old fashioned and reminds me of me gran! The Judge
Luxurious, extravagant and rich, this dish, that originates from Dauphine in the French Alps, is simple and easy to cook. Just mind you don't have it everyday!
Whilst not authentic, any opportunity to use Gruyère cheese has to be taken up!
This recipe is similar to Scalloped potatoes.
- 450 g (1 lb) potatoes, Cara, King Edward or Desiree
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 142 ml (5 fl oz) milk
- 142 ml (5 fl oz) double cream
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 25 g ( 1 oz) butter
- Dash of olive oil
- 110 g (4 oz) Gruyère cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150° C (300° F - Gas 2)
- Peel the potatoes and slice thinly with a food processor or a mandoline
- Rinse the sliced potatoes in cold water to remove excess starch
- Dry them with a tea-towel
- Rub a gratin dish with the olive oil
- Building up in layers, add; potato, garlic, salt and pepper until all the potato is used
- Mix the milk, cream and cheese together and grate a little nutmeg into the mixture.
- Pour over the layered potatoes
- Top with dabs of butter and bake on the top shelf of the oven for an hour and a half
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#dauphinoispotatoes #potatoes #oliveoil #nutmeg #butter #potato #grated #philadelphiadauphinoisepotatoes #cheese #doublecream #scallopedpotatoesrecipe