This recipe needs advance preparation!
- ½ cabbage, shredded finely and blanched in boiling water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- White wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt to taste
- In a large wide-mouthed jar, mix all of the ingredients with a wooden spoon
- Add vinegar to taste and top up with water
- Refrigerate for 1 week so the ingredients pickle. Leave the cap off and cover with a cloth.
- Don't seal the jar until fermentation is complete as it may explode!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#curtido #cheesepupusas #pickled #cabbage #grated #limejuice #vinegar #oregano #pupusasdechicharron #whitewinevinegar #blanched