Cuban Sweet Machuquillo
- 4 ripe yellow plantains, sliced into 1 cm wide wedges
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon goya adobo with habanero or Adobo without Pepper if you like the less spicy version!
- Heat oil in pan until quite hot. Add plantains and onions at the same time.
- Do not stir. Let cook for at least one minute before flipping the plantains and onions.
- Now let sit again without flipping for at least one minute...this browns the sides of each plantain slice, giving it a toasty edge and firming up the shape for the stirring part.
- Now reduce the heat and stir softly until all the flavours are well blended.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
#plantains #cubansweetmachuquillo #onions #breakfast #chorizo #ham #images #plantain #redonion #recipesfromothersites #fish