Cuban Red Bean and Rib Soup
- 2 cans Goya red beans
- 1 pound diced pork rib
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup diced yucca
- 1 cup diced boniato ( or sweet potato)
- 1 cup diced malanga or yucca (substitute pumpkin)
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 inches of chorizo sausage, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 500ml chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon Goya Sazonador Total
- Coat pork chunks with Goya Sazonador Total.
- Create corn meal balls about one inch round by cooking cornmeal in water, letting cool and then rolling into spheres.
- Saute onion and pork rib chunks until pork is browned and the onions are translucent
- Add garlic and saute until golden
- Add chicken broth and vegetables
- Simmer cover for one hour
- Add two cans of Goya Red beans, parsley and sherry
- Simmer another 15 minutes and Season with salt and pepper to taste
- This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Substitute Goya black beans as a variation
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#diced #cubanredbeanandribsoup #pork #cornmeal #yucca #malanga #parsley #goyasazonadortotal #boniato #redbeans #sherry