A nice fresh salad that goes well with many dishes. This is just a basic recipe, be bold, experiment with different ingredients.
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- For the salad
- ½ an iceberg lettuce
- A handful of alternative salad leaves leaves: rocket, spinach, radicchio, frisée (curly endive), chicory etc.
- 4 spring onions, chopped on the diagonal
- ¼ of a cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced - a food processor is good for this
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oilve oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all the salad ingredients together in a large serving bowl
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes if you have time
- Whisk up the dressing in a separate bowl
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad
Pour les pédants
It's Not Easy Bein' Green
(Kermit the frog)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.