Creamy crab farfalle salad
An ideal meal for hot summer evenings, this pasta salad feeds 2, with loads to spare or 6 as a side-dish.
- 200g dried farfalle pasta.
- 170g can of crabmeat or the brown and white meat from 2 small dressed crabs
- 5 cm (2") cucumber, peeled, sliced length-wise and finely chopped.
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped.
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, de-seeded and cut into rings.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped.
- Half a can of sweetcorn kernels, rinsed and drained.
- 4 tablespoons homemade garlic mayonnaise, Hellmanns at a push.
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt (just 'cos there was some around)
- Splash of lemon juice.
- A big splash of louisiana hot pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce .
- A splash of Chinese black vinegar or malt vinegar.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pitted black olives & freshly chopped parsley to garnish.
- Cook the pasta to al-dente as directed on the packet.
- Rinse in cold water and add a shake of olive oil and mix well if not using immediately.
- Add all of the other ingredients to a bowl and mix really well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Arrange in a large serving bowl.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.