Creamy butternut squash soup with Džiugas cheese
- 500g butternut squash (or pumpkin) flesh, peeled, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 100 ml double cream
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons of finely grated Džiugas cheese
- 4 tablespoons of a mixture of toasted sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices of sliced white bread, toasted and cut into strips
- Put the chopped squash flesh and cubed potatoes into a large pan and just cover with water.
- Season with salt and black pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have been softened.
- Meanwhile, gently fry the toast fingers in olive oil.
- Blend the soup with a stick blender or a food processor.
- Add the double cream and crushed garlic and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#toasted #simmer #oliveoil #doublecream #soup #squash #stickblender #potatoes #help #parmesan #sunflowerseeds