Crab and brown shrimp pizza
Being a seafood lover I thought that crabmeat would be nice on a pizza. When Anne came in with the ingredients, she surprised me with a pack of peeled brown shrimps so I combined the two and made a fabulous pizza.
The only downside was the amount of liquid in the crabmeat, added to increase the nett weight rather than for any culinary reason. It made the pizza a little wet. Next time I make this I will spin the crabmeat in a salad spinner to reduce the amount of liquid. If you don't have a salad spinner just sit the crabmeat in a sieve for 30 minutes.
- 1 portion of Pizza dough (makes 2 pizzas)
- About 6 tablespoons of Tomato sauce for pizza or passata
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 90g peeled brown shrimp (1 small pack)
- 100g white & brown crab meat (1 small pot)
- 2 balls mozzarella cheese torn into small pieces(about 250g in total)
- Chili oil to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Divide the pizza dough into two and roll out into two pizzas
- Make each pizza individually and place the first one in the oven to keep warm whilst the second pizza completes
- Grill the pizza for about 2 to 3 minutes per side with no toppings added
- Removed the part-baked pizza and spread with Tomato sauce for pizza or passata
- Sprinkle with the finely chopped onions
- Add the peeled brown shrimp and cover with the crabmeat
- Arrange the torn mozzarella over the seafood. Try to cover as much of the seafood as possible so it does not get too crisped
- Season with salt and black pepper and drizzle with chili oil if liked
- Bake for about 3 or 4 minutes under the hot grill until the mozzarella just starts to brown
- Serve immediately
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.