Courgette and garlic 'pasta'
Another great way to use your home-grown courgettes. Using a mandoline peeler, shave the courgettes into ribbons of pasta. You could use a food processor but the result would not be so aesthetically pleasing.
I've included this in our pasta category, even though it contains no pasta. It could possible be a gluten free pasta?
- 2 or 3 courgettes, depending upon the size
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- A good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 chile de arbol
- 1 medium sized red onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 30 g of parmesan cheese, grated
- 80 g strong cheese of your choice cut into shaving with a speed peeler. I've used a nice gruyere
- 6 tablespoon of good tomato sauce (I've used some of my Tomato sauce for pizza)
- A good pinch of fresh herbs to garnish
- Using a speed peeler or mandoline, shave the courgettes into ribbons
- Add a good pinch of black pepper and the (whole) chili to the olive oil and heat in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the chopped red onion and saute for 3 or 4 minutes
- Stir in the crushed garlic and before it gets a chance to colour, add the courgette ribbons
- Stir fry the courgettes, turning often, until they are done to your liking
- Discard the whole chili and add the shaving of strong cheese to the pan stir well and serve immediately before the cheese melts too much
- Place the warm tomato sauce on the plates and spoon the courgette mixture over the top
- Dress with fresh herbs and a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese
If you don't have any decent tomato sauce to hand, take a little from a bottle of shop-bought bolognese sauce or similar and freeze the remainder in small portions for future use with similar recipes.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#courgettes #mandoline #cheese #tomatosauce #oliveoil #redonion #parmesancheese #courgette #speedpeeler #freshherbs #stirfry