Concentrated tomato paste (TM)
This has been translated from a Spanish Thermomix recipe by Ernest Capell Navau which can be found at ClubCocinaFacil.
- Wash the tomatoes, and cut into quarters or halves depending on size.
- Place in the TM Speed 5-7-10 progressively for 15 seconds.
- Rub through a chinois or fine meshed sieve to remove the skin and seeds.
- Return to the TM, with the sugar and olive oil Temp. Varoma / Speed 2 / 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool and keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
If you wish to achieve a darker colour, transfer to a small saucepan and reduce for a further 2-3 minutes. When a recipe calls for tomato purée use 1 part paste to 1 part water.
The original suggests around 20g sugar, but I feel that would make it far too sweet.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.