A quick and easy meal for all the family that is delicious!
- 350 g (12oz) penne pasta
- 250 g (9oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 250 g (9oz) chorizo sausage chunks
- 200 g (7 oz) taleggio cheese, diced
- Salt & black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/Gas mark 6
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water until just al la dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir in the mascarpone and mustard until the mascarpone melts.
- Finally, stir in the taleggio and chorizo and season well. Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish and bake for approximately 15-20 mins, or until the top is golden brown.
- If you don't have taleggio cheese, try cheddar or gruyère.
- Use Polish kabanos instead of chorizo.
- Mix the spicy sausages with a little bacon or home smoked bacon.
We recently made a very nice variation of this recipe with the following adjustments:
- 2 x 200 g chorizo
- tagliatelle & penne mix
- Gruyère cheese & Cheddar cheese mix
- Small glass of dry sherry
- 2 chopped sweet peppers (red)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.