Chinese chilli and ginger sauce
If you grow your own chillies, this is a great recipe to use them in.
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 125 ml (4 oz) white Chinese rice vinegar
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh red chillies
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Remove the stalks from the chillies.
- Slice in half, lengthways and remove the seeds and any white pith.
- Leave the chillies soaking overnight in the salt and vinegar.
- Pulse to a purée in a food processor.
- Add the ginger powder, cornflour and sugar and adjust the consistency to your liking with a little water. Pulse to mix.
- Pour into a sterilised bottle.
- This will keep forever!
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.