Chilli and sea salt rooster potato wedges
An interesting combination for a vegetable side dish. Albert Bartlett products can be found in most UK supermarkets. You can find out more about their products at http://albertbartlett.co.uk.
- 6 Rooster Potatoes
- Oil for frying
- 2 Cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, Gas Mk 6)
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into 8 even-shaped wedges.
- Cover with the minimum amount of water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for approximately 10 minutes. Drain and let off steam.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking tray, brush with olive oil and bakefor 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy.
- Alternatively go for the more indulgent option and deep fry until golden and crispy.
- Mash the garlic, basil, oil, salt and chilli in a blender or mortar and pestle until smooth.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of the now inactive www.albert-bartlett.co.uk
#chilliandseasaltroosterpotatowedges #oliveoil #potatoes #garlic #deepfry #mortarandpestle #deepfried #wedges #basil #blender #potatowedgerecipes