Cheese toasties made with an iron
- 1 slice of bread cut in two
- 200 g Cheddar cheese cut about 3 to 4 mm thick, enough to go almost to the edge of the bread
- 2 teaspoons of Butter or margarine
- Tin foil
- A clothes iron
- Ensure the iron is not on the steam setting. Set it to the hottest setting. Once the light goes out for the first time we're ready to cook!
Tear off the aluminium foil
- Lay the cheese on un-buttered bread
- Fill the sandwich with enough cheese to go just to the edge of the bread
- Butter both slices of bread on the outside - no butter goes in the middle of the sandwich
- Lay the sandwich on a single piece of fin-foil
- Wrap well so the contents won't leak
- Place the iron on top of the foil sandwich, leave for 5 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich and iron the other side for another 5 minutes
Serve with Branston pickle.
Add a slice of ham.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#cheesetoastiesmadewithaniron #sandwich #bread #butter #aluminiumfoil #foil #cheese #branstonpickle #ham #tinfoil #margarine