Cheese toasties made with an iron
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 slice of bread cut in two
- 200 g Cheddar cheese cut about 3 to 4 mm thick, enough to go almost to the edge of the bread
- 2 teaspoons of Butter or margarine
- Tin foil
- A clothes iron
- Ensure the iron is not on the steam setting. Set it to the hottest setting. Once the light goes out for the first time we're ready to cook!
- Lay the cheese on un-buttered bread
- Fill the sandwich with enough cheese to go just to the edge of the bread
- Butter both slices of bread on the outside - no butter goes in the middle of the sandwich
- Lay the sandwich on a single piece of fin-foil
- Wrap well so the contents won't leak
- Place the iron on top of the foil sandwich, leave for 5 minutes.
- Turn the sandwich and iron the other side for another 5 minutes
Serve with Branston pickle.
Add a slice of ham.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.