Transform the traditional Lebanese dish into a Caribbean delight, perfect for chicken or fish! Baron's Green Seasoning is the secret ingredient.
- 140g bulgur wheat
- 125ml olive oil
- 125ml lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped fine
- ½ cucumber, cut into smallish wedges
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Baron's Green Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Goya Sazonador Total
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil bulgur for 5 minutes, then drain. Combine with olive oil and lemon juice and let soak for at least 30 minutes. I like to wilt my parsley, so always toss it in with the hot bulgur wheat, but you can opt to add it later.
- Once the bulgur wheat has absorbed the liquid, mix in the remaining ingredients and cool in the refrigerator for at least ½ hour to give the flavours a chance to marry properly.
Chill before serving
- CubanCuisine.co.uk, the UK's specialist on-line suppliers of authentic Cuban groceries, has kindly given Cookipedia permission to reproduce this recipe.
CubanCuisine.co.uk can provide all specialist items in this recipe via www.cubancuisine.co.uk, their recently updated Cuban ingredient supplies website. Just click on the product link in the recipe to take you to the Cookipedia ingredient description page from where you can order the item online via CubanCuisine.co.uk (worldwide deliveries)
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.