Transform the traditional Lebanese dish into a Caribbean delight, perfect for chicken or fish! Baron's Green Seasoning is the secret ingredient.
- 140g bulgur wheat
- 125ml olive oil
- 125ml lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped fine
- ½ cucumber, cut into smallish wedges
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Baron's Green Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Goya Sazonador Total
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil bulgur for 5 minutes, then drain. Combine with olive oil and lemon juice and let soak for at least 30 minutes. I like to wilt my parsley, so always toss it in with the hot bulgur wheat, but you can opt to add it later.
- Once the bulgur wheat has absorbed the liquid, mix in the remaining ingredients and cool in the refrigerator for at least ½ hour to give the flavours a chance to marry properly.
Chill before serving
- This recipe has been added courtesy of Carla Cancio-Bello - cuban cuisine.co.uk. Unfortunately, as of February 2019 the website is no longer in existence.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.