Caramelised Capricorn goats' cheese with soft fruit
This recipe needs advance preparation!
- 2 x 100g young Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 125g blueberries
- 50g vanilla sugar
- 400g strawberries
- 50g raspberries
- Slice each Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese into 4 and coat each piece with the honey and then the sugar.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan (or griddle pan) and over a gentle heat, brown the Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese for 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the cheese slices from the pan and place on non-stick baking paper
- Place in a fridge for about 1 hour before serving.
- Preheat oven to 180 C Gas mark 4.
- Place the blueberries in a large shallow ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries and return dish to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven and stir in the raspberries.
- Place 2 caramelised Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese slices on each plate and serve with the soft fruits.
- (To make vanilla sugar, push a vanilla pod into a large jar of golden caster sugar. Leave for at least four days before using)
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#caramelisedcapricorngoatscheesewithsoftfruit #vanilla #honey #strawberries #blueberries #raspberries #fruit #brownsugar #griddlepan #fridge #fruits