Capricorn goats' cheese and walnut filo parcels
Many thanks to those nice people at The Lubborn Creamery who gave us permission to reproduce this recipe.
- 2 x 100g Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese, cut in half horizontally
- 8 teaspoons cranberry sauce
- 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 large sheets ready-made filo pastry
- 25g butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400ºF / gas mark 6.
- Spread out the pastry, brush with melted butter (this will help stop the pastry drying out) and cut into 15 cm / 6 in squares.
- Layer one square on top of another to form a star shape and spread 2 teaspoons cranberry sauce in the centre of each square.
- Place a half Capricorn Somerset Goats cheese on top of the cranberry sauce and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.
- Draw up the pastry corners and pinch to create an open 'basket', lightly brushing the exposed pastry with melted butter.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little and serve with a mixed leaf salad.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.