Caldo de calabacita (Courgette soup)
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Garlic to taste, chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons rice
- 450g courgettes, grated
- 1 free range egg
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a fairly large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Add the stock and the rice and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the courgettes and season to taste.
- Simmer until the courgettes are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a soup tureen beat the egg with the cheese and parsley, then whisk in the soup, mixing well.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.