Caesar sauce (TM)
This is a translation of a recipe in Salsas y Aliños con Thermomix (Susaeta Ediciones)
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 300g olive oil
- 50g Sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place the peeled garlic in the TM and chop for a few seconds / Speed 6.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, except the oil and blend 20 seconds /Speed 5.
- Scrape down the inside of the TM bowl with the spatula.
- Run the machine at Speed 4 and add the oil, little by little to the lid so that the sauce is emulsified as if it were a mayonnaise.
It is believed that caesar salad came into being in July 1920 in the Cesar Palace Hotel, in Tijuana (Mexico) by the Cardini brothers, the hotels chefs and proprietors. Also, it is known to have been made without the anchovies. These were added much later to give the sauce more body.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.