Cabáiste agus bagún (Cabbage and bacon)
Access Google's Street View and see 10 years of video history! ...
- 1 large Savoy cabbage, cut in half
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 4 cloves
- 4 allspice berries
- 280 ml hot chicken or ham stock
- Boil the cabbage in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water for about a minute.
- Drain well and cut into slices.
- In a flameproof casserole or saucepan, make a layer with half of the bacon rashers.
- Cover with the cabbage, season, add the spices and enough stock to cover.
- Place the remaining four bacon rashers on the top. and cover.
- Simmer for about an hour until most of the stock has been absorbed.
Any cabbage will be fine (even red) depending on what is available.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.