Butternut Squash Soup with Rose Harissa
- 2 tablespoons Belazu Argan Oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 300g squash, cut into 2.5cm (1in) dice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300ml boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of Single cream or double cream
- Rose Harissa paste (to taste)
- Heat the argan oil in a saucepan, add the sliced red onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squash, fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water, and add to the pan.
- Raise the heat, and when the soup begins to boil, lower the heat to a rapid simmer. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Place the hot soup carefully into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Stir a swirl (approx ¼ level teaspoons but depends on how spicy you like your soup!) of Rose Harissa onto each serving along with a swirl of cream and serve.
This recipe originated from the recipe section of Belazu.com
Belazu products used in this recipe
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#soup #butternutsquashsoupwithroseharissa #arganoil #boiling #squash #redonion #pumpkins #boiledorsimmered #wintersquash #blender #cream