Brunede kartofler (Sugar browned potatoes)
A Danish method of cooking potatoes
- Boil the potatoes in a pan of water, until tender.
- Drain and peel.
- Put the sugar in a large, heavy bottomed saucepan and dissolve over a gentle heat.
- Simmer until just turning golden.
- Add the butter and allow to melt.
- Rinse the potatoes in cold water.
- Add them to the sugar mixture until nicely glazed.
- Turn out into a warm serving dish.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #butter #fruit #saucepan #boiledorsimmeredpotatoessugared #simmer #boil