Traditional Danish bread rolls
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 200 ml water
- 200 ml milk and/or yogurt
- 75 g margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 600 g Flour (estimated quantity)
- 1 medium egg, beaten, for glaze
- Mix the water and milk/yogurt together
- Crumble in the yeast
- Add the other ingredients (add flour until the dough reaches an elastic consistency)
- Knead the dough and let it rise 30 minutes
- Knead the dough and form into 16 small round rolls
- Place on baking paper on an oven tray and allow to rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Brush the beaten egg onto the rolls.
- Cook in the oven 10-15 minutes at 220 degrees centigrade
The rolls should be cut in half and buttered before serving with coffee
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.