Balsamic vinegar gravy (V)
See your street as it was 11 years ago! ...
- A good glug of balsamic vinegar (about 6 tablespoons)
- 284mls (1/2 pint) boiling water
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) of good vegetable stock powder, such as Marigold Swiss bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon gravy browning (optional)
- To a baking tray, add the bouillon powder or cube and the gravy browning to the boiling water and mix well
- Place on the hob and turn to high
- Splash a good glug of balsamic vinegar onto the tray and with a flat spatula, deglaze the tray, scraping all of the caramelised goodness from the base
- Allow to bubble away for 30 seconds
- Pour in the stock mixture, stir well and heat until it thickens a little
- Strain through a sieve and serve immediately
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.