4.5/5 A nice simple meal - glad I made it. Thanks Graciela. The Judge
This recipe was recently added by Graciela Narro, one of our Argentinian visitors. I have converted it to our standard format and after cooking it , clarified some of the quantities and slightly adjusted the cooking times.
This is a fabulous recipe and so easy to make!
- 800g chicken pieces (bone in)
- A bunch of leaves of parsley
- Garlic to taste, peeled. I used 6 fat cloves of garlic
- Half a medium size onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 heaped teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 large red sweet pepper, deseeded
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- 2 heaped teaspoons of chicken stock powder
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F - gas 4), [fan oven 160° C & reduce cooking time by 10 mins per hour]
- Put the chicken in an oven tray
- Put the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend for 2 minutes
- Try to check taste
- Pour it over chicken
- Cover with a lid or tin-foil
- Put it in the top of the oven for 45 minutes
- Check the chicken is properly cooked
The ingredients, ready to blend
This recipe is a good candidate for jointing a small chicken - I prefer to also remove the skin in a dish like this, but that's a personal preference.
I added a little extra water after blending as the mix looked rather dry, however this was probably not necessary as the cooked chicken had more than enough sauce.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#argentinianchicken #chicken #oliveoil #miseenplace #chickenstock #blend #garlic #sweetpepper #blender #paprika #oregano