(Redirected from Aloo saag recipes)
Yum! 5/5 Spicy spinach 🥘 Klapaucius)
- 450 g (1 lb) spinach.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 2 teaspoons whole black mustard seeds.
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced.
- 4 cloves of Garlic, peeled and crushed.
- 2.5 cm (1") ginger root, peeled and julienned.
- 675g 91.5 lb) waxy potatoes - new and salad potatoes are good. Pink fir apples are brilliant in this dish and do not need peeling.
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder, or to taste.
- 1 green chilli, de-seeded and cut into rings
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 120 ml water
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze with your hands to remove the remaining liquid.
- Cut the potatoes into 2.5 cm (1") chunks.
- Heat the oil in a high-sided saucepan, add the mustard seeds and fry for 2 minutes until they start to pop.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chilli powder and slices, pour in the water and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are to your liking.
There is no need to peel ginger. As a result of attending a Thai cookery demo, we have learnt that peeling ginger is unnecessary unless for aesthetic purposes as the skin is high in fibre and full of flavour. However, do remove any bits that have become tough or woody.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#potatoes #spinach #mustardseeds #garlic #chilli #aloosaag #chillipowder #onion #ginger #boiledorsimmered #boiling