5 minute chocolate cake
This is mad!
5/5 I just tried this and it works. Crazy! The Judge
This recipe means you can make a chocolate cake, from scratch in 5 minutes. It was recommend to me by Annabelle and Jackie, (in)famous by Xerox association!
This recipe begs to join beer-can chicken in its own category, Wacky recipes!
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- 1 large coffee mug
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix well, you can do this in the mug, though its probably easier to mix in a bowl
- Add the beaten egg, milk and oil and mix well
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and vanilla essence and give it one final mix
- Pour into a mug and microwave for 3 minutes on full power (1000 watt microwave)
- Allow to cool a little - microwaved food can get dangerously hot!
Eat directly from the mug with a spoon or tip it out on to a plate if you're posh!
Using a bowl rather than a mug, makes the clean-up process a little easier even if the overall effect is not quite as dramatic!
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
#5minutechocolatecake #chocolate #chips #egg #cocoa #unusualrecipes #microwave #vanillaessence #vanillaextract #coffee #canola