Pasta with broccoli, blue cheese and cream
This is a fantastic creamy pasta dish. Probably shouldn't be eating this everyday, but now and then; why not?
- 150 g fresh pasta
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into fairly small florets
- 142 ml single cream
- 75g blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, chopped finely
- A pinch of pink himalayan salt and fresh ground black pepper to serve.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for about 7 minutes. If using dried pasta, cook for 10 to 12 minutes
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli florets
- Drain the pasta and broccoli thoroughly - a quick whizz in a salad spinner does the trick!
- Pop the pasta and broccoli back into the hot pan, add the crumbled blue cheese, pour over the cream, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.