Yellow cake mix
What is yellow cake mix?
Yellow cake mix is a prepared cake mixture that is often seen in American cake recipes such as Gooey butter cake. I am not certain that UK supermarkets carry this product, if you know of any then please do update this page. It used to available on line from Lupe Pinto's Mexican deli.
Home-made yellow cake mix
An untested recipe for yellow cake mix:
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5)
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside
- Add the flour mixture slowly to butter mixture and mix well
- Mix the vanilla, half of the flour mixture and half of the milk
- Mix in the beaten eggs
- Add the remaining milk and the rest of the flour mixture and mix until smooth
- Fill a greased baking tray
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until cake springs back when lightly touched near centre
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user, I think you'll find this feature useful.
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.