White wine and onion gravy
From Cookipedia(Redirected from White wine gravy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8g sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons plain flour
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onions and sauté over a medium heat for 7 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and sugar and heat for a further few minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two until combined.
- Turn up the heat, add the wine and stir constantly for a few minutes with a whisk.
- Add the bay leaves and the stock and heat for a further 5 minutes or until it reached your desired consistency.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve in a gravy boat.
- Many other gravy recipes
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.