Toulouse sausage pittas
We had some lovely toulouse sausages from Gourmet sausage maker - Bexley that we had frozen. As we had lots of salad ingredients and some Greek yogurt, I thought this would be a good way of combining them.
- A quarter of a small iceberg lettuce
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any colour, deseeded and chopped
- A few tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 small pot of yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pop the sausages on a grill tray under a medium heat and grill gently for about 20 minutes, turning now and then.
- Add the olive oil to a small frying pan with a pinch of black pepper and stir in the chopped garlic. Once it starts to take any color remove it from the heat, stir well and allow to cool.
- Once cooled stir into the yogurt and season with salt if needed.
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and refrigerate while the sausages are cooking
Halve the sausages, pop a few into an opened pitta bread, add some salad and a tablespoon of garlic yogurt
Make your own Pitta breads, it's so easy and so much nicer than the dried up things you can buy.
Almost all of Cookipedia's recipe pictures have now been uploaded to Pinterest which is a very convenient way to browse through them, all in one huge board, or by individual categories. If you're a Pinterest user you'll find this feature useful.
#oliveoil #sausages #toulousesausages #salad #pittas #fat #homemadepittabreads #barbecued #grilled #blackpepper #iceberglettuce