Tomme capra cheese
- This small cheese is part of the Picodon family and is produced on a farm at Saint-Bardou in the Rhone Valley.
- Soft to semi-soft, natural rind.
Aroma and taste
- Flavour becomes spicier and stronger with age. It also develops notes of almonds.
Strength and texture
- Matured for at least 4 weeks and up to 3 months. Mild when young but strong when matured. Creamy, closed texture which becomes very hard when fully matured. Rough rind.
- At its best in late spring and early summer.
Calories in different varieties and various types of cheeses
The number of calories in various types of cheese is very similar when you compare your cheese to a similar types of cheese.
For example, almost cheeses that are similar to Cheddar cheese have around 400 calories per 100g
If the Tomme capra cheese is not listed below, select a similar type of cheese from the list below to get a rough idea for the number of calories in Tomme capra cheese.
The calorie lists are sortable by clicking the up and down arrows in the heading columns
|Cheese type||Calories per 100g|
|Queso blanco cheese||310|
Graph your Body Mass Index
See your personal Body Mass Index (BMI) plotted on a graph against national averages.
Errors and omissions
If you are a cheese producer and your cheese does not appear to be listed on Cookipedia or the information on your cheese is incorrect or out of date, please use the Contact the Editor page to send us a message and we will update the information on your cheese.